Close to Boston, but with all the preserved charm of a 1000 acre working New England farm, this venue transports guests to a historic era of New England nature otherwise impossible to recreate. Through preservation efforts of The Trustees of Reservations, couples have the chance to create a day that reflects the vintage charm of a colonial farm preserved through nine generations by the same family.
For your wedding, host your ceremony set against the backdrop of open fields, followed by an outdoor tented reception outside the historic farmhouse. After the ceremony, couples can host a free-flowing cocktail hour that transitions between open lawns and the historic home's back porch. During this time, guests are free to wander various walking paths or pay friendly visits to the venue's resident farm animals. Later, transition to a tented reception held between historic rock walls, sweeping meadows, and magnificent pines and oaks. Spring and summer weddings will be backdropped by blooming wildflowers, song birds and the deep greens of the working farm. In the fall, the venue will offer cascades of oranges and yellows when the ancient Maple trees that line many of the fields change for the new season.
Looking for a full weekend experience? Close to downtown Ipswich with its breweries, river walk and restaurants, and Rockport with its artist galleries and fine dining, guests have a world of activity at their fingertips for a weekend on the North Shore. The venue captures all the beauty of the outdoors and a serene wedding in nature, while still offering easy access to the modern amenities and historic charm of these coastal New England towns.
Venue Rental Policies
- Decorations: All decorations must leave no trace on the house and surrounding landscape and trees. No helium balloons.
- Fireworks: Not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: Couples must consolidate in designated area.
- Venue Access: Friday drop-off and set-up limited to specific areas and requires prior coordination to deconflict with possible ongoing events.
- Clean Up: Permitted 1-hour after event end until 12am (midnight). Venue re-opens the following day for clean up until 12pm (noon).
- Ongoing Events: Other farm or community related events may be ongoing during venue set-up and cleanup.
- Tour Availability: Couples are encouraged to visit the property in advance or in lieu of a formal tour. The Farmstead is open daily from sunrise to sunset. Formal tours may also be requested by submitting a message to the venue. Weekdays are preferred.
- Pets: Not permitted.
- Open Flames: Not permitted.
- Smoking: Not permitted.